Common errors when running automated Chatbot scripts
1. Error code # 100
1.1. (# 100) The URL provided is not whitelisted for messenger extensions
- Cause: This error is encountered when the script uses the In-App Browser button, but the fanpage domain hasn’t been reported yet.
- Solution: You need to add the website domain to your fanpage. To add the domain name to fanpage, click on Page Settings > +Domain or visit the link https://fchat.vn/setting?type=domain
If the link in the button is the link of Webform / Lucky Spin in fchat, report the domain name https://fchat.vn on the fanpage by going to your fanpage on Facebook> Settings > Advanced message > Domain.
1.2. (# 100) Message cannot be empty, must provide valid attachment or text
- Cause: There is 1 empty object in the Message Block (text, photos, videos, ...)
- How to handle: Find the empty object and delete/add content to it
1.3. (# 100) An incorrect number of files uploaded. Must upload exactly one file
- Cause: Image error (image has not been uploaded, image is unqualified: image size is > 2M, the image file name contains special characters)
- How to handle: Check your image
Haven't added images successfully -> re-add image.
Image size> 2M -> compress the image size before uploading.
Image file name contains special characters -> rename files before uploading photos.
2. Error code # 194
2.1. (# 194) param message [quick_replies] has too few elements
- Solution: Add more options to the quick reply.
2.2. (# 194) param name_placeholder [elements] has too few elements
- Solution: Add a title to products in the Gallery
3. Error code # 105
(# 105) param name_placeholder [ elements] has too many elements
- Cause: There’s a Gallery object in the script with too many products.
- Solution: Delete products in Gallery (Gallery is allowed up to 10 products)
4. Error code (# 551) This user is currently unavailable
- Cause: This error is encountered when your customer blocks the page's message, or their account is locked/is being checkpointed.
- Solution: Navigate customers to unblock the page
5. Error code (# 10903) This user can't reply to this activity
- Cause: This error is encountered when the customer has blocked your page on Facebook, or you cannot send messages via comment stream or inbox because the customer’s comment has been over 7 days (Facebook doesn’t allow re-messaging)
- Solution: Navigate customers to unblock pages / Text messages within 7 days since customers comment on your post.
6. Error code (# 10900) Activity already replied to
- Cause: You are only allowed to message 1 time for customers who comment but have not inboxed the page before via chatbot.
- Solution: Navigate customers to interact directly (inbox) with the page, then page can reply to the message.
7. Error code (# 2022) You are temporarily blocked from doing this
- Cause: Your page has been blocked by Facebook from sending messages because it is in violation of Facebook's policies and community standards.
- Solution: Check blocked time and appeal to Facebook
Check time blocked at Settings > Page support inbox.
Facebook’s levels for blocking mass messaging: Warning > 1-day lock > 3-day lock > 7-day lock > permanent lock.
For the content of the appeal, you can refer to the samples below:
Hi Facebook Team,
- I will use a bot to interact automatically with my customers and promise to follow all of the Platform's Policies in order to ensure a good experience for my clients. I think my non-promotional message can help my customers easily search and access the necessary information from my business.
- I will send interactive messages to my customers during lunch breaks, and in their spare time. Because of that, I think it will not bother them at all.
- Customers' interactions on my page are increasing, so I want to interact with all of them, giving them good experiences. After 24 hours from the last interaction between the page and customers, I will send only one message to the customer after 24 hours since our last interaction.
I promise that from now on, I will not send advertising, promotions, discounts to customers, and will comply with the Platform's Policies from Facebook.